CLOUD MANAGEMENT PLATFORM OVERVIEW
CloudBolt on Google Cloud Platform
How to Deploy CloudBolt from Google Cloud Launcher
CloudBolt is a cloud management platform that works with new and existing environments. It integrates on-premises virtualization and private cloud resources with public clouds, configuration management tools, and domain-specific technologies.
Users can rapidly provision the resources they need through CloudBolt’s intuitive self-service portal. Enterprise IT organizations maintain control through configuration standards, usage quotas, and cost transparency. By delivering a responsive and agile alternative to shadow IT, CloudBolt gives users what they want, when they want it.
Create the CloudBolt VM
1. Locate CloudBolt in the Google Marketplace and click “Launch on Compute Engine”.
2. The details for your new CloudBolt deployment will be displayed. Name your instance, select the appropriate Zone, and click “Deploy”. NOTE: The rest of the option defaults, including the firewall settings, will be appropriate for most deployments.
Login to CloudBolt
3. After CloudBolt is deployed, click “Log into the admin panel”. Ignore the SSL warning for the time being, and proceed to the /admin page. NOTE: To install your own SSL certificate later, consult the CloudBolt documentation.
4. At the CloudBolt license page, paste your license text or upload your license file, then click “Apply License”. If you do not yet have a CloudBolt license, request a free 25-Server lab license, or contact sales for a larger eval license or to purchase a subscription license.
5. Login to CloudBolt with the username “admin” and the temporary admin password from the Google Cloud Deployment Manager representing your new CloudBolt instance.
Connect CloudBolt to GCE
6. Read the End User License Agreement. If you accept the agreement, select I agree to the EULA and continue to step 2 where you can skip the proxy setup.
7. In steps three and four of the Quick Setup wizard, select GCE and provide a service account key file in the form of a .json file or enter JSON data directly. After this, CB will discover the zones, images, and subnets in your GCE account and allow you to select which of these to import. Upon completion of the wizard, CB will begin discovering all the VMs in the zones you selected.
8. Enter your own name and other information into this form to create an Administrator account. All fields are required. The value of the Organization field will be used to create a sample top-level group in CloudBolt. You can name this for the group you belong to in your company (e.g., “Global IT Services”). NOTE: The default admin account will be disabled after the completion of this step.
After creating your Administrator account, CloudBolt will synchronize any existing VMs from your GCE account and you’ll be well on your way with CloudBolt.
CloudBolt Command Line
To access the command line for your CloudBolt instance, click ‘SSH’ from the Deployment Manager, and then sudo to root with the command: sudo -i. From the root account you can run /opt/cloudbolt/manage.py shell_plus to access the CloudBolt application command line.
Need Additional Help?
Open Source Licenses
A detailed list of open source software components used by CloudBolt is available for download from the CloudBolt website.