Using the OneFuse ServiceNow CMDB module, it’s easy to create API-based, “CIs-as-a-Service” to drive solutions from upstream automation tools or scripts.
OneFuse provides the control and standardization for resources for both public and private cloud (on-prem) environments.
Each OneFuse CMDB policy defines the automation use case and CIs with relationships, conforming to ServiceNow’s Identification Reconciliation engine syntax to natively handle conflict resolution, e.g. with CIs discovered by the ServiceNow Discovery module – with the added flexibility of having the requester influence all use cases dynamically via templated fields.
OneFuse eliminates the security risk of requiring direct access to ServiceNow, enabling least-privilege access for specific use cases via policy-based services, versus exposing the full ServiceNow CMDB API and otherwise over-allocating permissions.
OneFuse ServiceNow CMDB with vRA Cloud Assembly
OneFuse ServiceNow CMDB with Terraform
Simplify ServiceNow CMDB CI management
Define one or more CIs with relationships, influencing it dynamically via templated fields
Supports full lifecycle
Provision, Update and Deprovision lifecycles to flexibly meet ServiceNow CMDB integration requirements
View the active deployment and their CIs, representing the outputs and relevant data of each policy execution
Features and Capabilities
- Drive from any tool, e.g. vRealize Automation, Terraform, Ansible, ServiceNow, CloudBolt CMP or directly via the API
- Supports custom ServiceNow CI Classes and Schemas to enable customers to create and consume “CIs-as-a-Service” via API or supported Upstream Platform, such as VMware vRealize Automation or Terraform.
- OneFuse enables least-privilege access wherein each policy serves as an API-based service, restricted to the specific use cases defined in the policy, without exposing the full ServiceNow CMDB API or over-allocating permissions to users or upstream automation tools.
- Customers can define one or more CIs with relationships, confirming to ServiceNow’s Identification and Reconciliation engine syntax to natively handle conflict resolution, e.g. with CIs discovered by ServiceNow Discovery.
- ServiceNow CMDB Deployments and their CIs are tracked and managed centrally in OneFuse.
- Supports full lifecycle (Provision, Update and Deprovision) to flexibly meet ServiceNow CMDB integration requirements.Each policy defines the automation use case, ServiceNow Endpoint and IRE Templates for Provision, Update and Deprovision
- Added flexibility of having the requester influence all use cases dynamically via templated fields
- Multiple ServiceNow CMDB Policies (each specifying a ServiceNow Endpoint) can safely co-exist, allowing for isolated testing and promotion without disruption
- Instantaneous CMDB inserts/updates occur during time of provision, update and deprovision