Using the OneFuse IPAM module for SolarWinds, it’s easy to create API-based, SolarWinds-powered IPAM services to drive solutions from upstream automation tools or scripts.
OneFuse provides the control and standardization for requesting, validating and registering records with the unique ability to abstract and dynamically drive network selection, comment field and many other SolarWinds features.
OneFuse eliminates the security risk of requiring direct access to a SolarWinds, enabling least-privilege access for specific use cases via policy-based services, versus exposing the full SolarWinds API and otherwise over-allocating permissions or micro-managing assignments. Each policy defines the automation use case, subnets and more – with the added flexibility of having the requester influence all use cases dynamically via templated fields defined in OneFuse policies.
Reserved IP Addresses in OneFuse
OneFuse SolarWinds IPAM in vRA Cloud Assembly
OneFuse SolarWinds IPAM in Terraform
IP Record Management
Obtain and reserve unique IP address(es) and automatically release during the appropriate lifecycle
Flexibility & Scale
- Separate dynamic SolarWinds Endpoints and Policies for IPAM configurations that allow for ultimate flexibility and scale
- Ability to mix and match and migrate between other OneFuse IPAM modules interchangeably
View the active deployment inventory representing the outputs and relevant log data of each IPAM policy execution
Features & Capabilities
- Drive from any tool, e.g. vRealize Automation, Terraform, Ansible, ServiceNow, CloudBolt CMP or directly via the API
- Create flexible IPAM Policies that include a SolarWinds Endpoint
- Reserve unique IP address(es) and assign to the NIC(s) based on IPAM Policy
- Perform pre and post validation for IP assignment
- Ability to single-thread operations to reduce load on downstream SolarWinds endpoints
- Provides control and standardization for resources on both public and private cloud (on-prem) environments.
- OneFuse enables least-privilege access wherein each policy serves as an API-based service, restricted to the specific use cases defined in the policy, without exposing the full SolarWinds API or over-allocating permissions to users or upstream automation tools.
- Drives advanced SolarWinds features such as the Comment field flexibly via the OneFuse Template Engine
- Ability to support sub-interfaces, e.g. multiple IP assignments per NIC in vRealize Automation
- IPAM Policies include basic IP information such as subnets and DNS and WINS configurations
- IPAM Policies can be pinned to specific NIC numbers
- IPAM Policies can span multiple networks, each consisting of a network name, subnet, CIDR block, gateway address and network mask
- Added flexibility of having the requester influence all use cases dynamically via templated fields
- Multiple IPAM Policies (each specifying a SolarWinds Endpoint) can safely co-exist, allowing for isolated testing and promotion without disruption
- Centralized visibility into inventory of IP assignments, log data