Easy Integration for Cohesity Backup
Backup and recovery are a necessary services to ensure the business continuity of any organization. There are several threats to the running configurations and data stored on VMs provisioned via vRealize Automation including hardware failure, data corruption, accidental deletion, internal compromise and ransomware, among others. Without the proper backup and recovery solution in place, organizations and end-users may suffer outages and data loss.
With the OneFuse vRealize Automation Backup-as-a-Service module for Cohesity, organizations who utilize Cohesity for backup and recovery can now have fully automated policy-driven backups and self-service file-level recovery directly within vRealize Automation, reducing the support burden, lowering risk and increasing end-user satisfaction.
In a new category of software-defined end-to-end supported and pre-tested vRealize Automation integrations by OneFuse, organizations no longer have to deal with cloud management platform integration complexities. Manage your cloud without having to create or maintain workflow orchestration content and without worry of CMP or component upgrades breaking your IT processes.
Manage protection job assignment(s) via the OneFuse Backup Profile feature.
Features and Capabilities
- Create one or more Cohesity Endpoints
- Create one or more OneFuse Backup Profiles with the following features:
- Ability to associate Cohesity Endpoint
- Decouples protection job assignments from blueprints to allow for ease of management at scale
- Adds VM to selected protection job(s) based on backup profile
- Backup profile can be pinned to VM component of vRealize Automation blueprint or applicable vRealize Automation constructs
- E.g. business group, compute resource, or any supported hierarchy for vRealize Automation custom properties
- Ability to allow the end-user to choose the Cohesity endpoint and/or protection job at time of request
- Self-service recovery
- File/folder-level recovery options
- Granular permissions using vRealize Automation entitlements; can be granted to end-users or administrators
- VM and file-level recovery resource actions can be entitled separately
- Restore point selection and filtering
- None, Latest backup, backup since date/time, or select date/time range
- Allows for requester to select their time-zone, auto-calculating difference to Cohesity
- Requires OS-level credentials for restore operations, preventing elevated admin access to non-privileged users
- Ability to Recover Virtual Disk that allows recovering an entire virtual disk – either by overwriting the existing disk or recovering to a new (unmounted) device.
- End-user notifications for self-service recovery
- Includes OneFuse Notifications Module
- Pre-configured HTML and text-based notification templates can be customized
- Includes OneFuse Template Engine to include custom logic or any VM-level vRealize Automation custom property
- Notification scenarios/templates include job started, job completed, job failed
- Defaults to notifying requester for all recovery notifications
- Allows requester to specify additional email recipients for recovery notifications
- Optionally configure additional email-based recipients for all backup and recovery notifications
- Ability to change protection job(s) on VMs
- Can be entitled independently, e.g. to end-users or administrators
- Simple 2-step install and upgrade process
- Quick start process: Configure notification, define Cohesity endpoint, Backup profile(s) and provision!
vRealize Automation Optimization and Upgrade Assessment
Receive an automated analysis of your vRA environment's optimization opportunities, potential for blueprint reduction, and readiness for vRA 8.Get Started