<h5>Reduce Scheduling Complexity</h5>
The SovLabs vSphere Dynamic Resource Scheduler (DRS) Module allows organizations to take advantage of VMware’s DRS technology to sub-divide vSphere Clusters for consumption by vRealize Automation. Utilizing the vSphere DRS host group feature, it’s possible to separate workloads onto specific host group(s) of ESXi hosts within a vSphere cluster, based on criteria such as OS type, application, or licensing restrictions without the need to create individual isolated vSphere clusters. Now VMs provisioned by vRealize Automation can take advantage of DRS host group feature benefits.
In a new category of software-defined end-to-end supported and pre-tested vRealize Automation integrations by SovLabs, organizations no longer have to deal with cloud management platform integration complexities. Manage your cloud without having to create or maintain workflow orchestration content and without worry of CMP or component upgrades breaking your IT processes.
Automatic cleanup of appropriate linked VM rules and groups during VM de-provisioning lifecycles.
DRS and vRA
Create and manage vSphere DRS profile configurations directly in vRealize Automation and tie them to existing blueprints to enable affinity or anti-affinity relationships between VMs provisioned and existing DRS host groups.
Utilizes SovLabs vCenter endpoints, supporting secure credential store and multiple vCenter versions.
Features and Capabilities
- Create flexible naming standards that include one or more sequences
- Naming standards consist of a mix of static text and dynamic content such as vRealize Automation custom properties and/or custom logic
- Validates against DNS and vRealize Automation database to determine hostname availability
- Includes advanced selective locking, preventing duplication of hostnames with parallel provisioning without sacrificing performance
- Allows for creation of multiple types of sequences such as decimal, hex, octal, binary, or custom pattern
- Dynamic sequences are possible using the pattern type, which can utilize vRealize Automation properties in combination with custom logic and one or many sequence types
- Includes option to allow for reuse of sequence values, e.g. for gaps left when machines have been de-provisioned
- Includes options for sequence length, padding character, initial value
- Sequences can be updated at any time, for scenarios like increasing sequence length or setting a new initial value (e.g. set next sequence value at 500 instead of 030)
- Supports creation of multiple naming sequences and standards as needed
- Included Template Tester to model and test template scenarios using SovLabs Template Engine
- Simple 2-step install and upgrade process
- Quick start process: Define Naming Sequence and Standard, apply to existing blueprint and provision!
vRealize Automation Optimization and Upgrade Assessment
Receive an automated analysis of your vRA environment's optimization opportunities, potential for blueprint reduction, and readiness for vRA 8.Get Started