The SovLabs Microsoft IPAM module for vRealize Automation enables organizations that utilize Microsoft for centralized IP address management to now have a fully automated method of obtaining and releasing IP addresses as the cloud environment dynamically scales. With SovLabs, cloud architects can design a wide variety of integration scenarios using metadata-driven policies that can be dynamically assigned and controlled with the SovLabs Template Engine.
The SovLabs Microsoft DNS module for vRealize Automation enables organizations who utilize Microsoft for DNS hosting to have a fully automated method of controlling DNS records as the cloud environment dynamically scales, reducing the support burden and increasing the chances of successful ITaaS deployments from the vRealize service catalog.
Flexibility & Scale
Obtain and reserve unique IP address(es) and automatically release during appropriate machine lifecycle.
Drive DNS record creation and removal automatically during the machine lifecycle.
Separate dynamic Microsoft endpoint and DNS configuration definitions allow for ultimate flexibility and scale.
Features and Capabilities
IPAM Features and Capabilities
- Create flexible IPAM profiles that include one or more Microsoft endpoints
- Reserve unique IP address(es) and assign to the VM NIC(s) based on IPAM profile(s)
- IPAM profiles include basic IP information such as DNS and WINS configurations
- IPAM profiles can be pinned to specific NIC numbers
- IPAM profiles can span multiple networks, each consisting of a network name, subnet
- CIDR block, gateway address and network mask
- IPAM profiles allow for a list of excluded IP addresses
- IPAM profile fields can be dynamic, utilizing the SovLabs Template Engine
- SovLabs Template Engine allows for static text in combination with dynamic content such as vRealize Automation custom properties and/or custom logic
- Ability to detect and skip IP addresses, that are marked as free in IPAM but are found to be in use on the network. This feature includes notification policy for informing the administrators when IP conflicts are detected as well as regeneration of hostnames where appropriate. Utilizes SovLabs Custom Naming and Notifications modules, which are both included in SovLabs Foundation.
DNS Features and Capabilities
- Create flexible DNS configurations that include one or more Microsoft endpoints
- Handles simple to complex globally distributed multi-zone, multi-site MS DNS environments
- Supports one or more domains and networks in a single DNS configuration
- Employs several methods to improve DNS data integrity and mitigate issues from stale, duplicate or orphaned DNS records, such as retry logic, record availability and DNS propagation/post validation checks
- DNS configurations are interchangeable between endpoint providers; avoid lock-in by easily adding additional DNS providers with other DNS modules from SovLabs
- Allows for independent configurations for forward and reverse records
- Microsoft endpoints can also be used with the SovLabs Microsoft IPAM module
- SovLabs DNS configurations may also be used with SovLabs network load balancer modules
- Supports up to 10 network interfaces per machine
- Supports multiple methods of connectivity for remote host management, including SSH, WinRM, and now VMWare Tools
vRealize Automation Optimization and Upgrade Assessment
Receive an automated analysis of your vRA environment's optimization opportunities, potential for blueprint reduction, and readiness for vRA 8.Get Started