Backup and recovery are a necessary services to ensure the business continuity of any organization. There are several threats to the running configurations and data stored on VMs provisioned via vRealize Automation including hardware failure, data corruption, accidental deletion, internal compromise and ransomware, among others. Without the proper backup and recovery solution in place, organizations and end-users may suffer outages and data loss.
With the SovLabs vRealize Automation Backup-as-a-Service module for Rubrik, organizations who utilize Rubrik for backup and recovery can now have fully automated policy-driven backups and self-service VM and file-level recovery directly within vRealize Automation, reducing the support burden, lowering risk and increasing end-user satisfaction.
In a new category of software-defined end-to-end supported and pre-tested vRealize Automation integrations by SovLabs, organizations no longer have to deal with cloud management platform integration complexities. Manage your cloud without having to create or maintain workflow orchestration content and without worry of CMP or component upgrades breaking your IT processes.
Simplify Domain Assignment
Manage SLA domain assignment via the SovLabs Backup Profile feature.
Fully automated policy-driven backups and self-service file recovery directly within vRA.
Notifications and Templates
Create notification scenarios and templates to keep users and teams in sync.
Features and Capabilities
- Create one or more Rubrik Endpoints
- Decouples SLA Domain assignments from blueprints to allow for ease of management at scale
- Adds VM to selected SLA Domain based on backup profile
- Backup profile can be pinned to VM component of vRealize
- Automation blueprint or applicable vRealize Automation constructs E.g. business group, compute resource, or any supported hierarchy for vRealize Automation custom properties
- Ability to allow the end-user to choose the Rubrik SLA Domain at time of request
- Self-service File and folder-level recovery options
- Granular permissions using vRealize Automation entitlements; can be granted to end-users or administrators
- Restore point selection and filtering
- None, Latest backup, backup since date/time, or select date/time range
- Allows for requester to select their time-zone, auto-calculating difference to Rubrik appliance
- Requires OS-level credentials for restore operations, preventing elevated admin access to non-privileged users
- Ability to change a VM’s SLA domain
- End-user notifications for self-service recovery
- Includes SovLabs Notifications Module offering pre-configured HTML and text-based notification templates can be customized
- Includes SovLabs Template Engine to include custom logic or any VM-level vRealize Automation custom property
- Notification scenarios/templates include job started, job completed, job failed
- Allows requester to specify additional email recipients for recovery notifications
- Simple 2-step install and upgrade Quick start process: Configure notification, define Rubrik endpoint, Backup profile(s) and provision!
vRealize Automation Optimization and Upgrade Assessment
Receive an automated analysis of your vRA environment's optimization opportunities, potential for blueprint reduction, and readiness for vRA 8.Get Started