NORTH BETHESDA, Md., Feb. 28, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — CloudBolt, an established leader for enterprise hybrid multi-cloud delivery from a self-service platform, today announced record 2018 results, with a 150 percent climb in revenue and 45 percent growth in the number of enterprise customers worldwide over 2017.
The record 2018 growth of the pioneering cloud management platform has been driven by a rallying hybrid cloud market, estimated to grow from $44.60 billion in 2018 to $97.64 billion by 2023. With 74 percent of enterprises adopting a hybrid and multi-cloud strategy, the demand for cloud delivery and management platforms that help large IT organizations with complex IT environments to balance existing on-premises infrastructure with new hybrid and multi-cloud initiatives has also risen.
CloudBolt is purpose-built for enterprise hybrid and multi-cloud strategies. Using a single platform to manage the connections and complexity of configuration and deployment, DevOps engineers can obtain and consume any IT resources they need that span data centers, private clouds, and public clouds. The platform’s wide range of features enable fast, simple and cost-efficient true hybrid cloud and multi-cloud management across past, present and future technologies. It includes out-of-the-box integrations with major cloud providers Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure; Kubernetes container orchestration; and a range of virtualization tools including Microsoft Azure Stack, Nutanix, and VMware vCenter. CloudBolt’s customers cover a wide range of sectors, from the federal government and financial services to retail and technology services, and include Capgemini, Electronic Arts, The Home Depot, InterContinental Hotels Group, and Xerox.
Company milestones in 2018 include:
- $23 million in Series A funding led by Insight Venture Partners
- Significant customer wins over competitors such as VMware, Red Hat, and Cisco CloudCenter, in a range of sectors including financial services, retail, technology, and manufacturing within the Fortune 500
- Expanded competitive advantage in significantly reducing the complexity of hybrid and multi-cloud deployments through CloudBolt’s platform functionalities such as extensibility, self-service automation, cost management, and Kubernetes orchestration
- The release of CloudBolt 8.0, which enables enterprises to continue accelerating and optimizing self-service hybrid cloud and multi-cloud IT resources by providing new support for XaaS to provide anything from self-service laptop requests to complex hybrid cloud computing resources running across multiple public cloud provider platforms
- CloudBolt 8.0 also provides deeper Kubernetes support, offering blueprints in its content library for deploying Kubernetes clusters
- Further strengthening of integrations with Kubernetes by providing point-and-click container deployment
- CloudBolt is now live in AWS Marketplace, Azure Marketplace, and GCP Launcher
- New Go to Market partnerships with value-added resellers TVAR and CTG Federal enabling CloudBolt to help advance federal agencies’ cloud-first policy as mandated in the Data Center Modernization Act
- Key appointments to advance company growth, including cloud software industry veteran Paul Strelzick as Chairman of the Board, Steve Scribner as Chief Financial Officer, and Kaitlin Moran as Director of Customer Success
- More than 100 percent growth in headcount in 2018 over 2017, primarily in the engineering and sales teams, to meet product expansion needs and market demand
“In 2018, CloudBolt focused on delivering best-in-class hybrid cloud management to our customers. Into 2019, we’re already seeing more opportunities to create something different and exciting for the market,” said Brian Kelly, CEO, CloudBolt. “We know that hybrid and multi-cloud environments, while rapidly becoming the norm, are unique and complex, which is why at CloudBolt we strive to deliver the right cloud tools for the right strategy. We are going to take a leap forward with this and more in 2019.”
CloudBolt Software, based in North Bethesda, MD and Portland, OR, is the leading self-service hybrid cloud management platform provider. CloudBolt enables enterprise IT departments to build, deploy, and manage private and public clouds quickly and efficiently. The user-friendly portal hides the complexities of hybrid cloud, giving end users the ability to manage and provision resources on demand, while administrators set provisioning conditions for governance. With CloudBolt, IT leverages its investment and controls costs while increasing flexibility and agility. For more information on CloudBolt, visit www.cloudbolt.io.