If using the default BT Diamond SSL certificate, your vRO server may not accept the certificate, resulting in failed connections from vRO to the BT Diamond API.
To resolve this:
1. SSH to the vRO appliance(s) as root
2. cd to the java security directory
# cd /usr/java/jre-vmware/lib/security/
3. Make a copy of the java.security file
# cp java.security java.security.orig
4. edit the java.security file and search for and comment out the following lines:
#jdk.certpath.disabledAlgorithms=MD2, MD5, RSA keySize < 1024
#jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms=SSLv3, RC4, MD5withRSA, DH keySize < 768
#jdk.jar.disabledAlgorithms=MD2, RSA keySize < 1024
5. save the java.security file
6. restart the vco-server service
NOTE: If you have multiple vRO servers, repeat the above steps on all of them, including the restart.